GROUP CLASSES – This exercise programme has been designed for a mixed ability class to improve muscular strength, endurance and flexibility. It will contain modifications and progressions of Pilates Matwork Exercises.
From time to time, small equipment such as small balls, Pilates rings and bands will be used.
Those who have not practiced Pilates before, or have not practiced for some time, are advised to start slowly, at level one, to build core strength and flexibility before progressing to higher levels.
Every precaution will be taken to ensure students’ safety during their participation. All instructions will be clearly relayed to students. If instructions are not understood, students should always ask for further clarification.
The instructor is not medically trained and these sessions are not a substitute for medical counselling or treatment.
- is in advance, by the term. Terms are between 6 to 8 weeks depending upon the discretion of the instructor.
- During COVID, BACS payment is preferred. Cheques will be accepted in other circumstances. The instructor is unable to accept cash.
- Places cannot be secured without receipt of payment.
- Places may be forfeit if payment is not received before the booking deadline.
Refund & Holiday Policy:
If a student cannot attend a pre-paid class, payment is not refundable for any reason, nor can it be taken out of the payment for any following term. However, students are welcome to attend the live zoom class on the following week or receive an online recording of the zoom class.
- If the instructor cannot attend a class for any reason, a fully qualified replacement instructor may attend in her place. No refund will be given for those classes.
- If a class is cancelled, for reasons beyond the instructor’s control, such as, but not limited to, the unavailability or illness of the instructor, adverse weather conditions or unavailability of the hall, students will either be refunded for that class or be credited for the next term.
- If a student leaves during a pre-paid term, there is no entitlement to a refund.
- Participation is voluntary. Students are under no obligation to continue with the programme should they not wish to and that they can leave at any time.
- Confidentiality of personal and health information will be strictly upheld and will never be shared with any third party, other than with substitute teachers on a need-to-know basis.
- Health Screening forms will be securely kept for a number of years to comply with legislation. They will be destroyed after the legal time period.
- Upon making an enquiry, email and telephone number are stored on computer and mobile phone for the purposes of legitimate contact. Details will be deleted should the student decide not to join.
- Upon joining the class, emails, email addresses, phone numbers and texts are securely stored on computer and mobile phone, until such time as you leave the class. Contact will be for legitimate operational purposes only.
By taking part in the class, you are agreeing to:
- being aware of your own capabilities, injuries and health status and only doing those exercises that you are fit to do. (Seek medical advice if you have any doubt).
- taking complete responsibility for your own health and safety whilst exercising.
- seeking medical advice before any class, if you are in any doubt about your ability to exercise.
- limiting your activity to a level that is comfortable for you, bearing in mind any medical limitations you may have.
- accepting the exercise modifications recommended by the instructor.
- stopping all activity immediately if you feel any pain or discomfort. Medical advice should be sought before continuing.
- completing a health questionnaire which will help you and the instructor to know when you should seek the advice of a medical provider.
Swan Pilates/Karen Dobson cannot be held liable for:
- any noise or interruption caused by other class members, members of the public or outside events.
- any loss, theft or damage of property, either in the hall or car park
- any injury or insult caused by other class members or members of the public whilst in the class or car park.
- any injury, worsening or start of any health condition or any transmission of Covid-19.
- any damage to self or property sustained during the coaching.
- I understand that all forms of exercise involve some risk of injury and/or medical trauma. I accept complete sole responsibility for my health and well being in this program.
- I hereby request to commence Pilates classes with Swan Pilates/Karen Dobson.
- In consideration of my participation in Swan Pilates classes, my heirs, my assigns, and myself hereby release and discharge Swan Pilates/Karen Dobson from any and all liability now or in the future. This release includes, but is not limited to, heart attacks, strokes, muscle strains, death, fractures, pain, musculoskeletal injuries, heat prostration, worsening of any condition or any injury to myself now or in the future. I hereby knowingly and voluntarily waive any and all claims against Swan Pilates/Karen Dobson. I accept all terms included on this document
- The coaching is a means of general guidance and motivation only. The instructor is not medically trained and these sessions are not a substitute for medical counselling or treatment.
- These classes are not suitable for you if you are pregnant or have given birth within the past six weeks. Please check the suitability of the classes with your medical provider before commencing, especially if you have had a caesarean section or any complications.
Cleaning and Hygiene:
- The hall will be cleaned once per day by the hall cleaner – concentrating on extensively used surfaces and toilets. It will be also be cleaned thoroughly once a week, including cleaning the floors.
- We will all be responsible for cleaning any surfaces we have individually touched, during, and at the end of hire, (light switches, door handles etc).
- Before you leave the hall you will also be responsible for cleaning the part of the floor, allocated to you. If you are not confident that the group before you have cleaned the floor, I would also advise cleaning it before you lay your mat down. We will each have a 3 metres square area of the floor.
- You will need to bring your own cleaning product (Dettox, diluted Dettol, etc) and cleaning cloths and will be responsible for taking them and all rubbish away with you when you leave the hall. Please do not leave any rubbish in the hall bins.
- Sanitiser will be available on entry and exit to the hall for you to sanitise your hands. Clean your hands often. Soap, water and paper towels are provided.
- I am unable to provide any pilates equipment at the moment, (balls, bands, mats or sitting blocks), so you will need to purchase and bring your own. (website address at the end of this email)
- Mats must be sanitised before and after use.
- The toilets will be open. One person only is to be in the toilet area at any one time and is responsible for cleaning any area they have touched.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or eyes. Clean your hands if you do.
- Please bring your own tissues and take them home with you.
- Please bring your own drinks – the kitchen area will not be open.
- I will be unable to approach or touch you in class.
- Masks do not need to be worn for exercise if the 3 metres distancing rule is adhered to, however, they must be worn in the foyer and until you reach your exercise area when you can take them off.
- I do not need to wear a mask to instruct as I will be 3 metres away and not raising my voice.
- Guidelines for exercise classes specify that students should be three metres apart when exercising. At all other times, in the foyer etc, please maintain 2 metres social distancing as far as possible: Wait behind the marked lines as you go through the foyer to your activity and observe the one-way system marked.
- Access to the hall is from the main doors, but staggered at 2 metres apart. Exit is through the fire doors.
- Access will only be allowed during the specific time of hire.
- Persons waiting to collect hall users should adhere to social distancing at front of building or remain in their vehicle.
- Isolation facilities for anyone falling ill during the class, will be available in the Green Room.
- You must not enter if you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you develop COVID-19 symptoms within 7 days of visiting these premises alert Test, Track and Trace. LET ME KNOW.
- These are the URL’s for the equipment I use in class. In my opinion, they are the best quality at a reasonable price but obviously you are free to source from other places such as Amazon.
- Mats can be purchased from https://www.mad-hq.com/pilates-mad-core-fitness-mat-1 or from Amazon.
- (Please make sure that your mat is a Pilates mat and not a yoga mat. Pilates mats should be at least 10mm thick for safety and comfort whilst rolling the spine. Yoga mats are too thin for Pilates!