LIVE GROUP CLASSES
Covid Information – Cleaning and Hygiene
- The hall will be cleaned once per day by the hall cleaner – concentrating on extensively used surfaces and toilets. It will be also be cleaned thoroughly once a week, including cleaning the floors.
- We will all be responsible for cleaning any surfaces we have individually touched, during, and at the end of hire, (light switches, door handles etc).
- Before you leave the hall you will also be responsible for cleaning the part of the floor, allocated to you. If you are not confident that the group before you have cleaned the floor, I would also advise cleaning it before you lay your mat down. We will each have a 2 metres square area of the floor.
- You will need to bring your own cleaning product (Dettox, diluted Dettol, etc) and cleaning cloths and will be responsible for taking them and all rubbish away with you when you leave the hall. Please do not leave any rubbish in the hall bins.
- Sanitiser will be available on entry and exit to the hall for you to sanitise your hands. Clean your hands often. Soap, water and paper towels are provided.
- I am unable to provide any pilates equipment at the moment, (balls, bands, mats or sitting blocks), so you will need to purchase and bring your own. (website address below)
- Mats must be sanitised before and after use.
- The toilets will be open. One person only is to be in the toilet area at any one time and is responsible for cleaning any area they have touched.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or eyes. Clean your hands if you do.
- Please bring your own tissues and take them home with you.
- Please bring your own drinks – the kitchen area will not be open.
- I will be unable to approach or touch you in class.
- Masks do not need to be worn for exercise if the 2 metres distancing rule is adhered to, however, they must be worn in the foyer and until you reach your exercise area when you can take them off.
- I do not need to wear a mask to instruct as I will be 2 metres away and not raising my voice.
- Guidelines for exercise classes specify that students should be 2 metres apart when exercising. At all other times, in the foyer etc, please maintain 2 metres social distancing as far as possible: Wait behind the marked lines as you go through the foyer to your activity and observe the one-way system marked.
- Access to the hall is from the main doors, but staggered at 2 metres apart. Exit is through the fire doors.
- Access will only be allowed during the specific time of hire.
- Persons waiting to collect hall users should adhere to social distancing at front of building or remain in their vehicle.
- Isolation facilities for anyone falling ill during the class, will be available in the Green Room.
- You must not enter if you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you develop COVID-19 symptoms within 7 days of visiting these premises alert Test, Track and Trace. LET ME KNOW.
Terms and Conditions
This exercise programme has been designed for a mixed ability class to improve muscular strength, endurance and flexibility. It will contain modifications and progressions of Pilates Matwork Exercises.
From time to time, small equipment such as small balls, Pilates rings and bands will be used.
Those who have not practiced Pilates before, or have not practiced for some time, are advised to start slowly, at level one, to build core strength and flexibility before progressing to higher levels.
Every precaution will be taken to ensure students’ safety during their participation. All instructions will be clearly relayed to students. If instructions are not understood, students should always ask for further clarification.
The instructor is not medically trained and these sessions are not a substitute for medical counselling or treatment.
By taking part in these classes – you are agreeing to:
- being aware of your own capabilities, injuries and health status and only doing those exercises that you are fit to do. (Seek medical advice if you have any doubt).
- taking complete responsibility for your own health and safety whilst exercising.
- seeking medical advice before any class, if you are in any doubt about your ability to exercise.
- limiting your activity to a level that is comfortable for you, bearing in mind any medical limitations you may have and accepting the exercise modifications recommended by the instructor.
- stopping all activity immediately if you feel any pain or discomfort. Medical advice should be sought before continuing.
- completing a health questionnaire which will help you and the instructor to know when you should seek the advice of a medical provider.
Payment is in advance, by the term. Terms are between 6 to 8 weeks depending upon the discretion of the instructor.
- During COVID, BACS payment is preferred. Cheques will be accepted in other circumstances. The instructor is unable to accept cash.
- Places cannot be secured without receipt of payment.
- Places may be forfeit if payment is not received before the booking deadline.
- If a student cannot attend any class during the term, payment is not refundable nor can it be rolled over to the following term. However, students are welcome to attend the live zoom class on the following week or receive an online recording of the zoom class.
- If the instructor cannot attend a class for any reason, a fully qualified replacement instructor may attend in her place. No refund will be given for those classes.
- If a class is cancelled, for reasons beyond the instructor’s control, such as, but not limited to, the unavailability or illness of the instructor, adverse weather conditions or unavailability of the hall, students will receive a video recording of a similar class. No refund will be given for those classes.
- If a student leaves during a pre-paid term, there is no entitlement to a refund.
- Participation is voluntary. Students are under no obligation to continue with the programme should they not wish to and they can leave at any time. If a student leaves during a pre-paid term, there is no entitlement to a refund.
- These classes are not suitable for you if you are pregnant or have given birth within the past six weeks. Please check the suitability of the classes with your medical provider before commencing, especially if you have had a caesarean section or any complications.
- Participation is voluntary. Students are under no obligation to continue with the programme should they not wish to and that they can leave at any time.
I am unable to provide any pilates equipment at the moment due to Covid, (balls, bands, mats or sitting blocks), so you will need to purchase and bring your own.
- These are the URL’s for the equipment I use in class. In my opinion, they are the best quality at a reasonable price but obviously you are free to source from other places such as Amazon.
- Mats can be purchased from https://www.mad-hq.com/pilates-mad-core-fitness-mat-1 or from Amazon.
- (Please make sure that your mat is a Pilates mat and not a yoga mat. Pilates mats should be at least 10mm thick for safety and comfort whilst rolling the spine. Yoga mats are too thin for Pilates!
- Balls from https://www.mad-hq.com/7-exer-soft-ball-blue
Stretch Bands from https://www.mad-hq.com/product/resistance-band-light-band-only-red
Blocks from: https://www.mad-hq.com/product/pilates-sitting-block-320mm-x-250mm-x-60mm
Terms and Conditions
By taking part in either the live stream or recorded video you are agreeing to:
Being aware of your own capabilities, injuries and health status and only doing those exercises that you are fit to do. (Seek medical advice if you have any doubt).
Taking complete responsibility for your own health and safety whilst exercising as it will not be possible for the instructor to monitor your technique, form or safety during the class.
Before each class, if you are in any doubt about your ability to exercise, you should seek medical advice before continuing.
During class, limit your activity to a level that is comfortable for you, bearing in mind any medical limitations you may have, accept the exercise modifications recommended by the instructor and stop all activity immediately if you feel any pain or discomfort. Medical advice should be sought before continuing.
These classes are not suitable for you if you are pregnant or have given birth less than six weeks prior to starting. Please take advice from your medical provider, especially if you have had a caesarian section or had any complications with your pregnancy or birth.
You will need:
If you would normally use a sitting block, then have a cushion or two handy (or a thick book to sit on to make yourself comfortable during sitting exercises.
If you don’t have a mat, then a bath towel on a rug or carpet should suffice. Make sure it does not slip.
Find a spot, ideally somewhere you won’t be disturbed.
Make sure that you have plenty of space around your mat and any distractions such as pets are kept away during your session.
Wear suitable clothing, loose and comfortable, so you can move and stretch.
- Payment is in advance, by the term.
- Places cannot be secured without prior payment.
- If a student cannot attend the live-streamed class no refund will be given, however the student will have access to the video recording of the class for 7 days.
You may cancel your reservation at anytime less than 48 hours prior to the start of the course date and time (as stated in the reservation confirmation email).
You will however be charged a cancellation fee for cancelling your reservation on a sliding scale. If you cancel within 2 hours of making the booking reservation, you will be charged 5% of the total reservation price as cancellation fee to cover potential loss of bookings and transaction fees incurred by Swan Pilates. Otherwise, the cancellation fee shall be calculated as follows to cover potential loss of bookings and transaction fees incurred:
- (i) For cancellations made up to 7 days before your scheduled course date and time (as indicated on your confirmation email), you shall be charged 20% of the total reservation price as a cancellation fee to cover potential loss of bookings and transaction fees incurred by Swan Pilates.
- (ii) For cancellations made less than 7 days, but 48 hours prior to your scheduled course date and time (as indicated on your confirmation email), you shall be charged 50% of the total reservation price as a cancellation fee to cover potential loss of bookings and transaction fees incurred by Swan Pilates.
- (iii) For cancellations made less than 48 hours of your scheduled course date and time (as indicated on your confirmation email), no refund will be issued. This is to cover potential loss of bookings and transaction fees incurred by Swan Pilates.
Swan Pilates/Karen Dobson cannot be held liable for:
- any injury, worsening or start of any health condition or any transmission of Covid-19.
- any theft, loss, damage to self or property whilst online, or at outside venues and carparks
- any noise, interruption, injury or insult caused by other class members or members of the public whilst in the class or car park.
I understand that:
- all forms of exercise involve some risk of injury and/or medical trauma. I accept complete sole responsibility for my health and well being in this program.
- the instructor is not medically trained and these sessions are not a substitute for medical counselling or treatment and that the coaching is a means of general guidance and motivation only.
- for myself, my heirs and assigns, do release and discharge Swan Pilates/Karen Dobson from any and all liability now or in the future except insofar as permitted by law.
- This release includes, but is not limited to, contraction of SARS Cov 2, heart attacks, muscle strains, fractures, shin splints, musculoskeletal injuries, heat prostration, or any injury, start of, or worsening of, any health condition.
- knowingly and voluntarily waive any and all claims against Swan Pilates/Karen Dobson.
- request to commence Pilates classes with Swan Pilates/Karen Dobson.
- Upon booking the course, electronic information such as emails, email addresses, phone numbers and health status details are securely stored on Swan Pilates’ computer/mobile phone/in the files of the on-line booking system/Google Forms. These are securely stored for legitimate operational purposes only and will be kept for a number of years to comply with legislation. Swan Pilates/Karen Dobson cannot be held responsible for any breach of security of any on-line sites.
- Confidentiality of personal and health information will be strictly upheld and will never be shared with any third party, other than with substitute teachers on a need-to-know basis.
- Hard copies of Health Screening forms will be securely kept for a number of years to comply with legislation. They will be destroyed after the legal time period.
- Upon making an enquiry, email and telephone number are stored on computer and mobile phone for the purposes of legitimate contact. Details will be deleted should the student decide not to join.