ONLINE CLASSES – By taking part in either the live stream or recorded video you are agreeing to:
Being aware of your own capabilities, injuries and health status and only doing those exercises that you are fit to do. (Seek medical advice if you have any doubt).
Taking complete responsibility for your own health and safety whilst exercising as it will not be possible for the instructor to monitor your technique, form or safety during the class.
Before each class, if you are in any doubt about your ability to exercise, you should seek medical advice before continuing.
During class, limit your activity to a level that is comfortable for you, bearing in mind any medical limitations you may have, accept the exercise modifications recommended by the instructor and stop all activity immediately if you feel any pain or discomfort. Medical advice should be sought before continuing.
Swan Pilates/Karen Dobson cannot be held responsible for any injury, worsening or start of any health condition or damage to self or property sustained during the coaching. The instructor is not medically trained and these sessions are not a substitute for medical counselling or treatment. The coaching is a means of general guidance and motivation only.
These classes are not suitable for you if you are pregnant or have given birth less than six weeks prior to starting. Please take advice from your medical provider, especially if you have had a caesarian section or had any complications with your pregnancy or birth.
YOU WILL NEED:
If you would normally use a sitting block, then have a cushion or two handy (or a thick book to sit on to make yourself comfortable during sitting exercises.
If you don’t have a mat, then a bath towel on a rug or carpet should suffice. Make sure it does not slip.
Find a spot, ideally somewhere you won’t be disturbed.
Make sure that you have plenty of space around your mat and any distractions such as pets are kept away during your session.
Wear suitable clothing, loose and comfortable, so you can move and stretch.
- Is in advance, by the term.
- Places cannot be secured without prior payment.
- If a student cannot attend a live class, payment is not refundable for any reason, nor can it be taken out of the payment for any following term. However, students have access to video recordings of the class for a set period of time after the class ends and can use them at their leisure.
- If a class is cancelled by Swan Pilates, for reasons beyond the instructor’s control, such as, but not limited to, the unavailability or illness of the instructor, video recordings of similar classes will be made available for the student to use. There is no entitlement to a refund.
- Participation is voluntary. Students are under no obligation to continue with the programme should they not wish to and they can leave at any time. If a student leaves during a pre-paid term, there is no entitlement to a refund.
- Confidentiality of personal and health information will be strictly upheld.
- Upon booking the course, emails, email addresses, phone numbers and health status details are securely stored on Swan Pilates’ computer, mobile phone and in the files of the on-line booking system and Google Forms. These are securely stored for legitimate operational purposes only. Swan Pilates/Karen Dobson cannot be held responsible for any breach of security of any on-line sites.
- You may cancel your reservation at anytime less than 48 hours prior to the start of the course date and time (as stated in the reservation confirmation email).
- You will however be charged a cancellation fee for cancelling your reservation on a sliding scale:
- If you cancel within 2 hours of making the booking reservation, you will be charged 5% of the total reservation price as cancellation fee to cover potential loss of bookings and transaction fees incurred by Swan Pilates. Otherwise, the cancellation fee shall be calculated as follows to cover potential loss of bookings and transaction fees incurred:
- (i) For cancellations made up to 7 days before your scheduled course date and time (as indicated on your confirmation email), you shall be charged 20% of the total reservation price as a cancellation fee to cover potential loss of bookings and transaction fees incurred by Swan Pilates.
- (ii) For cancellations made less than 7 days, but 48 hours prior to your scheduled course date and time (as indicated on your confirmation email), you shall be charged 50% of the total reservation price as a cancellation fee to cover potential loss of bookings and transaction fees incurred by Swan Pilates.
- (iii) For cancellations made less than 48 hours of your scheduled course date and time (as indicated on your confirmation email), no refund will be issued. This is to cover potential loss of bookings and transaction fees incurred by Swan Pilates.